Thursday, June 16, 2011

JP 06-16-2011


JP Post for Thursday, 06.16.2011



The painting of the hay bales, left, is complete. It has been dry and hot for June so I put in an approaching thunderstorm for luck. It may rain tomorrow. I set up this afternoon in the vineyard overlooking the Chateau for visiting artists. You can see it on the crest of the hill opposite. The under drawing for the next painting is on the right. Madame B******* and her family who own Chateau B******* have given me permission. We drink their excellent wines every night. Betsy likes the rose. I love the hearty deep rouge. The new grapes are about the size of green peas. I will set up a market umbrella tomorrow. The sun is blinding. I will move the distantly seen city of Cordes Sur Ciel sixty five degrees on the horizon to fit it in to the picture. It cannot be ignored.  The wine colored dog must also be included as well as Betsy coming up the road on her walk. It is too difficult being an unreformed, unrepentant romantic. There is so much painting to be done. People stop to look and discuss my work and I am making friends and learning a little French.

JP

2 comments:

  1. hay bales painting looks awesome!
    wish we were there.
    best,
    h.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've shared so many of your tales. There's something for everyone to enjoy. Great fun to live vicariously.

    Obviously the wine agrees with Put's beard...

    ReplyDelete