Wednesday, June 29, 2011

JP Post for Wednesday June 29, 2011 Homecoming


Painting of Vineyard Mostly Done – Homecoming

I have completed what I could, the final tweaking, a bit more cobalt in the upper atmosphere, less definition in the clouds, dark and shady areas in the vines, the elusive reds in the rocky soil, all burned in memory now, will have to wait for my studio. We have made the customary entry in the Chateau artists log, my entry for June 2011. Betsy has solicitously tended to my every domestic comfort as the intense and obsessed artist required, minding that my ears stayed attached. She even hung the sheets out in the bright sun and clear air. As I finished my final bottle of oak barrel aged red with a hint of black currant followed by Roquefort on a crusty baguette, she said, “Don’t expect this when we get home.”

  Ahh, home, the adoring dog, the gift of flowers, chocolate and wine from friends who housed wedding guests there while we were away, the view of the marsh. Not too bad. Time to dream of the next adventure. And I get to sleep with the boss.

JP   



PS The 2011 Tour de France will pass right by our village of Vindrac-Alayrac, right through the middle of my painting in that tine of trees which hides route D91. Please click this link.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment