Monday, June 20, 2011

JP Post for Monday, June 20, 2011

Betsy makes imprints of French wayside wildflowers, JP shows progress on final painting, and There are Cows in France! 

The under painting is done on what will be my last painting here and I will have to scramble to get it complete. Betsy has gathered some wayside wildflowers and has made patterns for Salt Marsh Pottery, working beside an old wine press in the courtyard of the chateau. Cows! Black and white, red brown and white, all over the sloping meadows, in the purple alfalfa. I have taken photographs and I will attempt paintings at home but they will not do. Somehow must get back and paint them in the clean, clear light of Southwestern France. As I was painting in her vineyard yesterday Madame B***** critiqued my work then held out her cupped hands filled with fresh tree ripened reddish prune plums.

1 comment:

  1. Love the composition dad. Look forward to seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete